19 September 2011
On Monday next, 26 September a special meeting will be held on the topic of Myeloma with a view to establishing a Mater Myeloma Support Group.
The meeting will begin at 2.00pm and will run until 5.00pm. Refreshments will be provided.
Topics and speakers are as follows:
- Welcome and introduction – Dr Peter O’Gorman, Consultant Haematologist
- Introduction to Myeloma – Dr Goodyear, Haematology SpR
- Treatment options and side-effects – Sinead Gigg, Haematology CNS
- Psycho social implications for Myeloma patient and family when diagnosed – Yvonne O’Meara, Senior Social Worker
- Closing remarks – Dr Peter O’Gorman